You may be surprised to learn that there are many simple ways to increase your Leadership Development skills. As you know, leadership does not always include “authority” or a specific leadership role. We are confident that you have utilized leadership skills in classes, sports, volunteer work and special projects.
We recommend that you talk with a Business Career Counselor who can help you identify which skills you would like to build and which ones you can already highlight in your career search. You can either schedule time or stop in during walk-in hours Link to Appointment Scheduler
Here are just a few ways to build leadership skills:
- Attend the Involvement Fair and join a Business Organization Here is a sample list of organizations
- Talk to employers to learn about their Leadership Development Job Shadows, Internships and LDP Programs by attending Information Sessions, Career Expo, Career Fairs and Career Tuesdays
- Participate in Employer Case Competitions
- Participate in Experiential Programs. Here are several experiential learning opportunities
- Participate in HuskyThon or other UConn Volunteer Programs through Community Outreach